Apply for Grants from the Previti Foundation
Apply for Funding
The John P. Previti Memorial Foundation seeks charitable collaborations with non-profit organizations throughout Riverside and San Bernardino counties that educate, support and inspire at-risk youth.
Grant Giving Principles
Grants are awarded to projects or programs that embrace the following principles:
LOCAL: The programs support community-based programs that help at-risk children and their families throughout the Inland Empire receive basic human needs, such as food and shelter.
MEASURABLE: The organization pursues specific achievable objectives and goals that can be tracked and measured in order to monitor the impact of the grant.
EDUCATIONAL: The non-profit embraces youth education as a priority in order to break the cycle of poverty and lack of opportunity.
What is the Application Process?
If you are a 501-c3 organization operating within Riverside and San Bernardino counties, we welcome you to submit an online grant application during the months of May and June. All submissions are due by 5 p.m. on June 30. The review committee considers submissions during the month of July. Grants typically range from $1,000 to $10,000 and are awarded in August.
Area of Focus
AT-RISK YOUTH: We support organizations that protect, train and employ under-privileged and at-risk youth by providing them the tools to achieve their best physical, emotional, educational, professional, and health-related potential.
EDUCATION: We focus on schools and community-based programs that improve community connections and the quality of life for youth, while providing opportunities for ongoing life-learning.
CHILDREN’S WELL-BEING: We value programs and projects that are dedicated to improving essential human life needs, specifically for those who are least able to help themselves and who require assistance beyond their current capabilities.
RECOVERY / ASSISTANCE: We engage programs that offer solutions for youth through a recovery assistance program that focuses on providing the tools to maintain access to food, shelter, clothing and medical supplies. Priority is given to projects that meet the most basic needs of those with the fewest resources.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Non-profit organizations whose mission is aligned with our grant initiatives.
- Organizations with current tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the
Internal Revenue code
- Organizations that fit within the four grant criteria
- Faith-based organizations whose programs are available to the general public
and broadly promoted
- Organizational activities and philosophies that fit specifically in one of our four grant categories
WHO IS NOT ELIGIBLE?
- Political parties, candidates or partisan political organizations
- Sports, athletic events or athletic programs
- Travel ventures, including student trips or tours
- Faith-based organizations, if their programs require adherence to or acceptance of a particular religious belief, or require participation in a religious service or activity.
HOW TO APPLY?
The John P. Previti Memorial Foundation supports worthy non-profit organizations with financial grants.
If your cause aligns with our priorities, submit a Grant Inquiry. While we welcome submissions, please keep in mind that our funds are limited in relation to the large number of worthwhile inquiries we receive. In a typical year, less than 1 percent of unsolicited inquiries result in a grant.
After reviewing, if you still have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.